''We have not inherited this land from our ancestors, we have borrowed it from our children" B/O
Norwest Seed Ltd
Established in 1996 by the Lill family, five generation's of Canterbury seedsmen.
We are a fully integrated, independent, progressive family seed company that works with partners to supply value added seed products and seed multiplication opportunities for customers locally and to all parts of the world.
Vision - Commitment - People
- ISF- International Seed Federation
- NZGSTA - New Zealand Grain & Seed Trade Association Inc.
- CECC - Canterbury Employers' Chamber of Commerce.
- IHSG - International Herbage Seed Group
- WSA - Western Seed Association.
- To create a direct market pathway from seed producers to end point customers.
- Wholesale seed production, seed exporting, seed importing and seed distribution company.
- We work closely with a group of dedicated top arable Canterbury farmers producing: Forage Grasses, Pasture Herbs, Cereal Multiplication, Linseed, Pulses, Brassicas, Radish Seeds, Oil Seeds.
- Operate Seed Cleaning Plant.
- Shipping and Export Division
- Plant Breeding - 'Lead with Pride' programme
- Living Environment, helping make farming more financial and environmentally sustainable.
What are Cover Crops?
Crops grown to: provide animal feed, prevent soil erosion, improve soil’s physical and biological properties, supply nutrients, suppress weeds, improve the availability of soil water and break pest cycles along with various other benefits are cover crops. The species selected, and how its managed, determines the benefits and returns.
- HEALTHY SOIL = HEALTHY FOOD = HEALTHY ANIMAL'S = HEALTHY PEOPLE
One call and we take care of it all